Import Financing (IF) is a facility for Malaysian-owned or controlled companies which trades in both exports and domestic markets that demands specialised finished or intermediary goods that are unavailable in Malaysia such as high-tech instruments, calibration instruments and specialized medical equipments collectively known as strategic goods.
To finance the import of strategic goods or services which are unavailable in the country which is beneficial to the competitiveness of the country’s product.
- Malaysian-owned or controlled company incorporated in Malaysia
- A joint venture between a Malaysian and foreign company with Malaysian owning not less than 51% of the joint venture company
Detailed information can be referred to Product Disclosure Sheet
Up to 90% of Import Order Value.
Subject to yearly review. The facility may be revolving or term of up to 10 years.
Cost of fund plus spread.
Ringgit Malaysia, United States Dollars, Euro and other acceptable currency.
Against export proceeds or other proceeds.
Direct to the overseas suppliers (or its local agent) or Importer (on reimbursement basis).
Any but not limited to the following:
- Corporate Guarantee
- Shareholders and/or Directors Guarantee
- Landed Property
- Charge on fixed or floating assets of the customer
- Assignment of Takaful/ Insurance policies and contract proceeds
Processing fee of 1.0%* of the financing amount.(*) subject to Terms and Conditions. Not applicable to SMEs.
Note: All fees and charges are subject to Goods and Services Tax(GST)