Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad (EXIM Bank) appreciates the extraordinary value of data, and we know how important data protection is to anyone, regardless of whether you are individual or a multinational corporation. Accordingly, we constantly work hard to keep all information and data entrusted to us secure.
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) was passed by the Malaysian government to regulate the use and processing of Personal Data in commercial transactions by various types of business entities. As part of our exercise to comply with the PDPA, this policy will explain to you how we process the Personal Data that we collect and what your rights are in relation to how your Personal Data is stored or used.
Personal Data Protection Policy
This website is brought to you by Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad (“EXIM Bank”). We ask that you read this Personal Data Protection Policy (“Policy”) carefully as it contains important information about how we will process and use the personal data provided by you through this website. Please note that this policy only applies to personal data processed in respect of commercial transactions.
- Collection of personal data
- Primarily, our website is informational in nature. We do not collect any personal data or personally identifiable information when you visit our website unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- If you choose to submit your personal information for the various purposes made available on our website, we may also collect information that personally identifies you. The processing of your personal information will be done in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Disclosure of personal data
- We do not disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties without your consent.
- may disclose your personal data to the following parties (whether within or outside Malaysia):
- agents and service providers that provide services relating to the purposes of which the personal data is collected, including data processing services;
- any person, who is under a duty of confidentiality who has undertaken to keep such data confidential; and;
- any actual or proposed assignee, transferee, participant or sub-participant of EXIM Bank’s rights or business.
- EXIM Bank may also disclose the personal data if required to do so by law or in good faith, if such action is necessary to (a) comply with any law enforcement agency requirements, court orders or legal processes; or (b) protect and defend the rights or property of EXIM Bank.
- Your rights
- If you have any inquiries or complaints, such as requests to limit the processing of certain information or if you think that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you may contact our officer in para 3.1 above.
- Changes to this Policy
- We may review and update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in the law, changes in our business practices, procedures and structure, and the community’s changing privacy expectations.
- You should check this Policy occasionally to ensure that you are aware of the most recent version which will apply each time you access this website.
- While it is not generally feasible to notify you of the changes to this Policy, the latest version of this Policy will be available on this page on our website, or please contact our officer in para 3.1 above to obtain the latest version of the Policy at any time.
- Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites that are not under our direct control. These websites may have their own policies regarding privacy and personal data protection. We have no control of or responsibility for linked websites and provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors. These websites are not subject to this Policy, and you access such linked websites at your own risk. You should check the personal data protection policies, if any, of those individual websites to see how the operators of those third-party websites will utilise your personal information.